Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pride Foundation of Seattle gives $65 Million to the LGBTQISA Community and HIV/AIDS Groups

SEATTLE (AP) -- The estate of Ric Weiland, a high school classmate of Microsoft Corp. founders Bill Gates and Paul Allen and one of the first five people to work at the software giant, has left $65 million to gay rights and HIV/AIDS organizations.

[...]

The bequests were announced Sunday by the Pride Foundation of Seattle, where Weiland was a board member for several years. The foundation called it the largest single bequest ever given to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender causes.


Wow, that's a lot of money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite a bit of money. I hope a cure for aids is found. However, what shall it profit a man if he should gain the world, but lose his soul (Matt. 16:26 and Prov. 11:4). The homosexual lifestyle is an abomination unto God (Leviticus 18:22). If He was to overlook this sin today, he would have to pardon His destroying of Sodom and Gomorrah in the Biblical days for the same lifestyle. If you are a homesexual reading this now, please know that God's Love can set you free! He says in 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." Jesus states "I am...the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."(John 14:6) Today you can be free, He is just a prayer away!

1000 Needles said...

I am sorry you feel that way. I would request that you refrain from soliciting on this website. If you would like to discuss the issues that is fine.

As a personal note, I don't care what your cute little book says, I know for myself that homosexuality is not unethical. If you are going to posit an inference, I would hope to see your premises. If your conclusion follows simply from the fact that you "read it in a book," then I will refuse to take you seriously. Take a logic class. Or is that a sin too?

Also, quoting from Leviticus is a double edged sword. Read closely and I can assure you that we do not follow 99% of the "laws" in Leviticus today.